Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 8 and Day 9 May 23 and May 24

     Today, May 23, 2011, we went to the ruins of Heirapolis, in Pamukkale. It is made up of warm, heavily mineralized water flowing from springs creating pools and terraces. Also located there is the largest cemetary in the world. This place was absolutely stunning! You had to take your shoes off to walk in the water so we did. The limestone was rough on your feet in some places, but the water felt so good. We nearly walked down the mountain! Then we journeyed to the grave yard but we only made it to the beginning because it was such a long walk and it was SOOO hot! Which I'm not really complaining about! Still no suntan thought. :( After that we went to our hotel. There was no elevator so we had to carry our suitcases up the stairs, and there were so many stairs!! I had a hard time carrying it and I hit my ankle and bruised it! I'm pretty sure my bag is going to weight more than 50 pounds...uh oh! Then we all swam in the pool and laid out! It was so nice to relax with literally everyone. Then several of us went to the hot tub. Come to find out it was a natural hot tub and contained the good minerals in the water like at Hierapolis, which is really good for your skin! Since the hotel was a spa I figured I'd treat myself to a massage...it was awesome!
     Today, May 24, 2011, we took a tour of the City of Aphrodite. It was so pretty and very different than all of the other ancient cities we've seen so far. There wasn't building or anything everywhere, it was much more spread out. One thing I thought was very cool was that they are still excavating the site. So it would be really interesting to come back eventually and see what else they've found! After that we went to a leather factory in Kusadasi. They started off  by giving us a fashion show! It was so funny because some of the people took it so seriously like they were modeling for high end clientele. Then as we were sitting there drinking our apple juice watching them model they pulled me and a few others to come back stage and put on our own leather jackets to model them off. It was so funny and so unexpected! I think we did really good though, haha!  I'm not a big fan of real leather, but I love leather jackets so I was in heaven. I got to try on really expensive name brand leather jackets made in that store and I really wanted them all, but even after the discounts we got they were still way too expensive! Unfortunately! They kept saying charge it we take credit cards and I was like my mom will kill me and I would like to eat in Greece, they didn't really understand what I was saying and they were very pushy! That is ok they just really wanted to sell a coat, I understand! When we got to our hotel we first noticed how beautiful the view was. The ocean was all around it and the hotel was just beautiful to begin with! So a couple of us noticed a pier with a diving board into the ocean. We went down there but there was no lifeguard and the waves looked a little too intense so we decided to swim in the pool instead. We swam until dinner then had to go change for dinner because this place is pretty fancy and we couldn't wear our swimsuits to dinner. The food was so good and they actually had ice cream!!! Only 2 days left in Turkey :( I can't believe how fast this is all going, 10 more days in Greece then its home bound!

No comments:

Post a Comment